Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My love for music

I'm sure some people look at me a little sideways when I tell people or my viewers that I'm a die-hard Jesse McCartney fan.  More like fan girl. Anytime a new song comes out or he's on tv, I'm taken back to being a squealing 13 year old girl. Some people may think this is immature but music has always played an important role in my life.

My momma tells me I was dancing before I could walk. She said I would pull up to the tv stand, and bounce when music was on. At the time, being from the South, I loved country music. As I got older, I wanted my MTV, not CMT. 

I grew up listening to boy bands. Hanson (whom I thought were girls because magazines were still in black and white back then if you can believe that!) Then Backstreet Boys, NSync, and the like. When I was 10 I found out Nick of Backstreet Boys, had a younger brother. I soon found his cd and listened to it. My husband actually went to high school with Kevin. 

Then when I was around 12-13ish, I saw an ad for a boy band called Dreamstreet who were close to my age and I could relate to them more.   I remember a neighbor of mine got turned on to them too, and we would listen to their music, visit fan websites, and read fan fictions about this boy band.  Eventually, the band broke up due to legal issues and went on their separate ways. 

Most of the guys in the group didn't really go far in their careers except for Jesse.  I was searching one night about a year or so after the group broke up and saw he was starting a solo career so him being my favorite member of the band, I started visiting his website.  

When I was 15, I found out he was touring in Louisville the day after I had a follow-up appointment in Lexington, and off to Louisville we went. I got there not expecting much, but I ended up getting to meet him, and got front row center seats.  I was in teenage girl Heaven! And the weird thing was, he was so normal.  He had on regular clothes, my dad said Jesse's legs were whiter than his, and he had on underwear from k-mart. 

          This picture below was taken August 2. 2003
So at this time he was just starting out after I met him, you can say I was hooked.  Their was a forum on his website I stayed on constantly and I made many friends on there during the long years I was a member. Some of whom I still talk to today. Being in that forum also heighted my love for technology. People would have pictures in their posts which were refered to as "signatures", which in turn, made me take internet in graphic design, and then Web design. 

 In 2005, I saw him again in concert in Cincinatti, and it was crazy to me how famous he had become. Yet over the years I've been a fan, he has remained out of the media, unlike most celebrities who have some scandel posting on gossip websites and magazines once a week.  He also wears normal, every day clothes and those are things that make me respect him even more.  

I could always listen to his music no matter what mood I was in.  Sad, happy, angry, whatever.  Especially since I struggled with bullying, and anxiety and depression when I was younger. It just made me feel better no matter what emotion I was feeling at the time. I guess you can say its kind of a "safety net" for me.  The one thing other than my awesome parents of course, and now, husband, that was a constant was Jesse.  Whether it be his music, a tv show, or whatever. It was always there when I went through a bad break-up, if I was in a good mood, whatever. Of course his music isn't the only music I listen to, I enjoy country, hip hop, pop.  And many various artists. And my love for dancing is still there. I love the free feeling you get dancing even though I'm extremely tone-deaf.

Now after being a "fan girl" 13 years and 9 years after the last time I saw him in concert, I'm seeing him again for the 3rd time, thanks to my amazing husband for getting me the tickets as an anniversary present.  July 29th can't come soon enough and I absolutely can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment